Here are some of the posts that I really enjoyed writing and sharing, and some of the posts that have gotten the biggest reaction. Look around and read some – it’s a great way to get acquainted with Keep It Up, David!
- My current weight- and exercise- related goals. (This post needs updating, because on 10/1/11, I reached my goal of running past all six strip clubs!)
- In December 2010, I reached a major weight loss goal when, for the first time in my adult life, I weighed less than 250 pounds.
- I used to dread flying when I weighed 400 pounds. My airplane experience is different now – read how it’s changed.
- Sometimes I struggle with courage, so I wrote a post encouraging myself to walk into the fire – if I face my fears, I will always come out a stronger man.
- It’s strange to call this one a ‘favorite’, due to its subject matter, but I’m extremely proud of my post exploring my depression in high school, which led to two suicide attempts.
- In September 2010, I realized that I no longer had to shop at big & tall stores. Here’s my open letter to my former favorite big & tall retailer.
- My very first post! Read about fitting on roller coasters for the first time in years.
Anyone can regularly step on a scale to see how much weight they’ve lost (including me). But I’ve come up with other, fun, visual ways to represent the pounds I’ve shed:
- One of my motivational tricks is to pile up bags of dog food equivalent to my weight loss.
- I’ve lost the equivalent of $3,280 in quarters and 6,560 Oreos. More fun weight loss comparisons here.
- More amazing weight loss comparisons, including how many M&Ms and bowling balls I’ve lost.
- Even more kick-ass weight loss comparisons, like how many iPads, Butterfingers, and silicone breast implants (!) I’ve lost.
- Still more weight loss comparisons! This time around, it’s corn dogs, toilet paper, and giant octopi!
- I have my own weight loss highway, and I’m not talking in metaphors – I’ve lost an actual freeway! See what I mean here.