I’ve sharing new things all week long, and I’m going to finish up with some silliness. It’s my new favorite app, and it allows you to see the whole world in a new way: where everything is made of Cheetos!
I’m not joking. The app is called CheetosVision, and you should download it immediately from wherever you download apps.
Here’s me and my friend Tavi, rendered in Cheetos, taken in the waiting room before my recent eye surgery:
How cool is that, right? Don’t I look delicious? (Even more so than usual, naturally.)
Here’s a selfie with my godson sitting on my lap:
I’ve talked and joked about Cheetos many times on this blog, and truth be told, they’re one of my favorite junk foods, and by far my favorite thing in the chips aisle. Silly as it sounds, this app provides a dumb way for me to enjoy Cheetos without adding hundreds of extra calories to my day.
I even turned one kind of food into another, by giving my taco salad the CheetosVision treatment:
That was a really good taco salad. Here’s what is looked like de-Cheetos-fied:
I hadn’t had a homemade taco salad in years, until I had one at a little get-together hosted by my friends Debbie and Hank. It was amazing. The next week, I was craving it again, so I made one for my dinner. (It was at that get-together that I learned about CheetosVision, from another friend, Stu, so all-in-all, it was a very eventful evening!)
My taco salad had the following components:
- Shredded lettuce
- Taco-seasoned ground turkey
- Shredded Cheddar cheese
- nonfat plain Greek yogurt
And here’s three ways I lightened up the salad:
- That nonfat, plain Greek yogurt was a swap for sour cream, and it’s barely noticeable when you eat it. The yogurt has 1/3 the calories of sour cream, 1/2 the carbs, and 1/10 the fat, so it’s a great swap!
- No tortilla chips or taco salad shell. A cup of tortilla chips is around 300 calories, and those shells, which are often deep-fried when you order them at restaurants, could easily be 400 calories or more.
- I mixed about 1.5 cups of diced butternut squash into the turkey while I was browning it. Bulking up meat with vegetables cuts down the calories per serving. The taco seasoning masks the squash and I forgot it was even there.
So there you have it. Go enjoy CheetosVision – and what the heck, enjoy a taco salad too!
Keep it up, David!
Follow me! I’m @keepitupdavid on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Snapchat, and I’m on Google+ too! There’s also a “Sign Me Up” box on this page (at the top of the right-hand column) where you can subscribe to receive new posts via email!