I haven’t had much time to write this week, and don’t foresee my schedule opening up in the near future, but I wanted to put together a short little something and wish everyone a wonderful holiday season.
Please allow me to express my gratitude as well: I’m in my eighth year sharing my health, weight loss, and fitness adventures on this website, and I’m thankful for everyone that takes the time to read what I have to say, boost me up when I’m feeling down, and jump for joy with me when I have something to celebrate. I write this blog as a tool to help me stay accountable with my own goals, and knowing that people actually read it feels really good.
I also wanted to provide a couple resources, because the holidays can be a challenging time for health- or weight-loss-minded folks. So here are some links to how-to blog posts I’ve written in the past.
- How to avoid over-eating at a holiday party.
- How to exercise more during the holiday season.
- My annual Thanksgiving Pledge can easily be adapted for use on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, or any day centered around a huge meal. Check it out here.
- How to rethink your New Year’s Resolutions so that they’ll stick all year long.
- Lastly… some healthy recipes to get your through the holidays: My healthier cheese ball, some fun easy ways to make gorgeous appetizers, and a sweet potato and pecan salad that’s perfect at this time of year. Check out my recipe archive here!
People joke about how they gain back all the weight they lost during the year in just a couple weeks during the holidays, and ho ho ho, isn’t that just HILARIOUS? But you have the ability to rewrite that joke. So stay active, make smart choices, enjoy reasonable amounts of the treats you want to try, and skip the ones you don’t. Don’t wake up on January 1st with the feeling that you’re back at square one!
This very well may be my last blog post of 2017. I’m leaving soon to spend Christmas with my family, but I’ll be back in 2018. My story isn’t stopping, so neither will this blog. And I already know I’ll have exciting news to share in the new year!
Keep it up, David!
Follow me! I’m @keepitupdavid on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Snapchat, and I’m on Google+ too! There’s also a “Sign Me Up” box on this page (at the top of the right-hand column) where you can subscribe to receive new posts via email!