It’s been a while since I’ve shared songs from my workout playlist. It’s the perfect topic for 3WAYS2, my new recurring post featuring tips, tricks and suggestions across the entire health, fitness, and weight loss spectrum. Today’s topic is (obviously) workout music. Good music makes my workouts (and races!) fly by, and here are three songs that I currently love to play while exercising. And they have a common theme: they all have the word ‘run’ in the title! (I’ve listened to these songs while running, yes, but they’re also good for other types of workouts, too!)
1) “Run (Sports Edit)” by P.J. Pacifico. I heard this song on an episode of HBO’s “Hard Knocks” a few weeks ago. They used it during a montage, when the Los Angeles Rams were suiting up and walking out onto the field. I instantly used Shazam to identify what it was. It barely has any lyrics, but it has a great beat and a rousing anthem feel. Listen to it here.
Sample lyric (pretty much the only lyric): “My gut just tells me to run.”
RELATED CONTENT – My first 3WAYS2 post: 3WAYS2 Gussy Up Your Hard-Boiled Eggs in the Blink of an Eye!
2) “Running Behind” by HOLYCHILD. This song got some major exposure last year, when Apple used it in an Apple Watch commercial. The commercial didn’t feature any vocals, but the song does. The song is catchy, frenetic, and layers drums, other percussion, and voices in really fun, unexpected ways. Here’s the video:
Sample lyric: “We’ll grow apart, baby, let’s blame the planets/Make a new start, changing as if we meant it”
3) “Born to Run” by American Authors. An uptempo rock song with a slight southern, Americana feel. I could listen to this over and over again on a loop.
American Authors has become a go-to band for me. Two more of their songs are currently on my workout playlist, “Pride” and “Go Big or Go Home.” You might be familiar with them, too – they’ve had two hits that were also featured in commercials and TV shows: “Best Day of My Life” and “Believer.”
Sample lyric (from “Born to Run”): “I’m gonna live my life like I’m gonna die young/Like it’s never enough, like I’m born to run”
A couple honorable mentions, that also have “run” in the title:
- “Runnin’ (Lose it All)” by Naughty Boy featuring Beyonce
- “Runnin'” by Adam Lambert
- “Running with the Wolves” by AURORA (Learn more in this post)
- “We Run This” by Missy Elliott
- “Runaway Lover” by Madonna
- “Running Two” from the “Run Lola Run” soundtrack (there’s also “Running One” and “Running Three” but this one’s my favorite)
All this talk about workout music makes me want to go work out! What are your current favorite songs to listen to while exercising? Share in the comments section!
Keep it up, David!
Follow me! I’m @keepitupdavid on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Snapchat, and I’m on Google+ too! There’s also a “Sign Me Up” box on this page (at the top of the right-hand column) where you can subscribe to receive new posts via email!