IT’S MY BIRTHDAY! 37 years young. Look how cute:
…and I looked pretty cute at 6 months old, too!
I need your help on this special day. I want you to GIVE ME BURPEES. That’s right. It’s a birthday challenge, and it involves YOU. I’m going to complete ALL the burpees that you, my lovely friends and readers, assign me.
So… what’s a burpee? It’s a tough, intense, full body exercise that’s downright terrible in every way. But they target tons of muscles and get your heart racing, so they’re awesome for you. Here’s the basic move:
(I do them with a push-up at the bottom, because that’s how I learned them.)
So. How can YOU assign ME burpees? Easy. Just leave a comment.
Want to give me MORE burpees? No problem. I just posted the same image all over social media. You can find me by searching ‘keepitupdavid’ on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or G+, or by clicking these links:
- Give me burpees by LIKING and SHARING on Facebook. (1 burpee per like, 5 per share)
- Give me burpees by LIKING and RETWEETING on Twitter. (1 burpee per like, 5 per retweet)
- Give me burpees by LIKING on Instagram. (1 burpee per like)
- Give me burpees via +1 and SHARING on Google+. (1 burpee per like, 5 per share)
Altogether, if you complete all those actions, you alone will have assigned me 21 burpees!
I did this last year, and you all rose to the challenge, assigning me 970 burpees. It took me 13 days to get them all done, but I finished them all. It was exhausting. I even added a few and rounded it up to 1,000!
So what do you say, folks? Can you give me more than a thousand this year? Tell your friends, spread the word, make me regret ever concocting this vile plan. I can handle it! Because my birthday falls on a Saturday, when everyone’s busy with weekend stuff, you’ll have a few days to click and share and comment.
I’ll post updates here, and on social media, using the hashtag #BirthdayBurpees. I’ll probably spread them out over multiple days, like last year.
I guess the only thing left to ask is… WHY?
- Because I hate burpees, but good things happen when I push myself out of my comfort zone.
- Because I remember how incredible I felt when I finished last year.
- Because good health and fitness is the best gift ever!
KEEP IT UP, DAVID!