It’s already the sixth month of the year? Are you kidding me? This year is flying by.
At Keep It Up, David, the start of a new month means one thing: time for my monthly exercise progress report! I put these together at the beginning of every month (check out April, March, and February). Every workout I complete gets noted in my calendar, and once a month I use magic to transform those notes into facts and figures. I dig facts and figures. They motivate me.
Here’s my May calendar:
- A dot = a workout (with notes that remind me of what the workout was).
- A circle around the dot = a class at Slimmons. I took 4 classes there this month.
- A triangle around a dot = a different type of class (none this month).
- Since I use this calendar for everything, I blurred out information that doesn’t pertain to exercise.
May will filled with very notable workouts. First and foremost, I completed two awesome fitness challenges: my 163-story Burj Khalifa StairMaster challenge (photos and video – yes, video! – here) on May 5th, and the BolderBOULDER 10k Race (photos and recap here) on Memorial Day. In addition, I went on an awesome hike up a new trail in a haunted forest, and, while in New York City, I ran across the Queensboro Bridge and back.
In total, I worked out on 27 of the 31 days in April – a 87% success rate! I’m very happy with that number. Because I started the month with what I thought was a bruised rib, and also because of two trips out of town, my weightlifting workouts were lower than usual – only 9, compared to 12-17 during the last 4 months. But there’s nothing I could’ve done differently, and I’m proud that I managed to exercise at all when I was hundreds or thousands of miles away from home.
Here’s April compared with the the other months of 2012:
- January 2012: Worked out 26 out of 31 days (83%), including 7 classes at Slimmons, and 1 class at Crunch. 12 workouts had a weightlifting focus.
- February 2012: Worked out 23 out of 29 days (79%), including 4 classes at Slimmons, and 1 yoga class. 13 workouts had a weightlifting focus.
- March 2012: Worked out 27 out of 31 days (87%), including 5 classes at Slimmons and 1 spin class. 14 workouts had a weightlifting focus.
- April 2012: Worked out 26 out of 30 days (86%), including 2 classes at Slimmons, and 2 other classes. 17 workouts had a weightlifting focus.
- May 2012: Worked out 27 out of 31 days (87%), including 4 classes at Slimmons. 9 workouts had a weightlifting focus.
So far in 2012, I’ve exercised 129 out of 152 days (85%), including 22 classes at Slimmons.
Keep it up, David!
PS: Congrats to Lois, who just became my 300th email subscriber! As I told her on Twitter, there’s no prize, except for every post of this blog arriving directly into her inbox. Are you a subscriber? It’s super easy to sign up. Look for the “Sign me up!” button in the right hand column, directly under the head-to-toe photograph of yours truly. Click on it and provide your email address, and voila! You’ll be all set!