Holy wow, it’s already November 3rd! Time to take a look back at my exercise during October. This is something I do every month (see my progress reports for September, August, and July). I mark all my workouts on a calendar, then I do some number-crunching. And whenever I use the phrase “number-crunching,” I’m reminded of the old computer game Number Munchers, which I used to play on the Apple II computers in my elementary school library, where you were the frog that had to eat all the prime numbers or multiples of 3 while avoiding Troggles. Who else remembers?
That, my friends, was a tangent. Let’s show my October calendar:
Every dot equals a workout. The first dot represents when I finally reached my goal of running past all the strip clubs in my neighborhood. Three of the dots represent Richard Simmons’ classes at Slimmons, while a fourth dot (from October 9th) represents doing the “Sweatin’ to the Oldies” DVD in Palm Springs. There’s 23 dots in total, so that’s 23 workouts during the month of October. Eleven of them had an emphasis on weights, which is nearly half – pretty good!
In total, I worked out 74% of the time. Not shabby, by any means, but my lowest percentage since June. I really fell apart in the last week (which was last week), during which I only worked out 3 times. Those weeks happen, I suppose, and I can’t beat myself up over it. Plus, so far in November, I already have a dot on every day so far!
Let’s update my 2011 Progress Report Chart!
- January 2011: Worked out 27 out 0f 31 days (87%), including 6 classes at Slimmons.
- February 2011: Worked out 23 out of 28 days (82%), including 5 classes at Slimmons and 3 Boot Camp Classes.
- March 2011: Worked out 25 out of 31 days (81%), including 5 classes at Slimmons and 4 Boot Camp Classes.
- April 2011: Worked out 20 out of 30 days (66%), including 5 classes at Slimmons and 3 Boot Camp Classes. 4 workouts had a weightlifting focus.
- May 2011: Worked out 24 out of 31 days (77%), including 3 classes at Slimmons and 0 Boot Camp Classes. 13 workouts had a weightlifting focus.
- June 2011: Worked out 22 out of 30 days (73%), including 4 classes at Slimmons and 2 Boot Camp Classes. 10 workouts had a weightlighting focus.
- July 2011: Worked out 25 out of 31 days (80%), including 4 classes at Slimmons, 2 Boot Camp Classes and 5 training sessions. 20 workouts had a weightlifting focus.
- August 2011: Worked out 25 out of 31 days (80%), including 5 classes at Slimmons, 3 Boot Camp Classes and 4 training sessions. 15 workouts had a weightlifting focus.
- September 2011: Worked out 24 out of 30 days (80%), including 4 classes at Slimmons. 11 workouts had a weightlifting focus.
- October 2011: Worked out 23 out of 31 days (74%), including 3 classes at Slimmons. 11 workouts had a weightlifting focus.
- TOTALS: So far in 2011, I’ve worked out 238 out of 304 days (78.2%), including 41 classes at Slimmons and 17 Boot Camp Classes.
One more exercise-related note, since I’m on the topic. I wrote yesterday (and mentioned above) about how I didn’t exercise at all this past weekend, and that includes the completion of no burpees whatsoever. I’m supposed to be in the middle of a No Excuses 30-Day Burpee Challenge (organized by Scott over at Your Inner Skinny), but I ended up going 4 days without doing my burpees. Earlier in the challenge, I missed a day, and caught up the next day by doing 2 days worth of burpees, but catching up now would involve doing 114 burpees in one day. So that’s not gonna happen. INSTEAD, I’m going to pick up where I left off, and extend the challenge so it lasts 34 days. Yesterday, I did 27 burpees, and today, 28, and so on. And, in case you’re wondering, I still hate burpees. And I still hate Scott. And he will be delighted to hear that. He’s enjoying hearing from people, all over the planet, who want to punch him in the face. I’m one of them.
Yep, 28 burpees today. Time to get ‘em done.
Keep it up, David!