Oh boy. Now what do I do? It seems like anything I write about today is going to be trivial compared to my last post, doesn’t it? How do you top the retelling of my time as a suicidal teenager?
So I’m not going to try. I’m moving onward. And since it’s October 1st (already!), that means it’s time for…
My September Progress Report!
At the beginning of every month, I look back at all my exercise from the past month (here are my progress reports from August, July, and June). I like keeping track of what I’m doing and how often I’m doing it. Since I spent a good amount of time exercising, I think it’s fun to, once a month, see how it all adds up.
The way I track my exercise is simple: I mark it on my calendar. Here’s September:
I blurred out a bunch of stuff that doesn’t relate to my exercise, but you can still see a bunch of dots on most of the days. Those are my workouts. And, this month, those dots represent workouts in three states! I started the month in Michigan, where I rode an actual bike for the first time in a decade. We took a day trip to Ohio and walked miles and miles and miles while riding the rides at Cedar Point (also for the first time in a decade). And then, for the second half of the month, I was back in Los Angeles.
In total, I worked out 24 out of the 30 days in September – an 80% success rate! This is exactly on par with last month. Four of those workouts were Richard Simmons’ classes at Slimmons. In previous months, I also noted how many of my workouts were boot camp classes or floor sessions with Craig, but this month, I didn’t do any of either, because I had to tighten the purse strings on my fitness-related spending.
Even without Craig kicking my ass, I still managed 11 workouts this month with a heavy emphasis on weights. It’s my lowest number in this category since June, but still commendable.
So. Let’s update my 2011 Progress Report Chart!
- January 2011: Worked out 27 out 0f 31 days (87%), including 6 classes at Slimmons.
- February 2011: Worked out 23 out of 28 days (82%), including 5 classes at Slimmons and 3 Boot Camp Classes.
- March 2011: Worked out 25 out of 31 days (81%), including 5 classes at Slimmons and 4 Boot Camp Classes.
- April 2011: Worked out 20 out of 30 days (66%), including 5 classes at Slimmons and 3 Boot Camp Classes. 4 workouts had a weightlifting focus.
- May 2011: Worked out 24 out of 31 days (77%), including 3 classes at Slimmons and 0 Boot Camp Classes. 13 workouts had a weightlifting focus.
- June 2011: Worked out 22 out of 30 days (73%), including 4 classes at Slimmons and 2 Boot Camp Classes. 10 workouts had a weightlighting focus.
- July 2012: Worked out 25 out of 31 days (80%), including 4 classes at Slimmons, 2 Boot Camp Classes and 5 training sessions. 20 workouts had a weightlifting focus.
- August 2012: Worked out 25 out of 31 days (80%), including 5 classes at Slimmons, 3 Boot Camp Classes and 4 training sessions. 15 workouts had a weightlifting focus.
- September 2012: Worked out 24 out of 30 days (80%), including 4 classes at Slimmons. 11 workouts had a weightlifting focus.
- TOTALS: So far in 2011, I’ve worked out 215 out of 273 days (78.7%), including 38 classes at Slimmons and 17 Boot Camp Classes.
Keep it up, David!