A few things on the docket today:
1) McDonald’s Update. The update is that there is no update. I have yet to hear back from McDonald’s about yesterday’s post, where I ran excerpts from their hilariously misguided email to me. Who knows if I’ll hear back from them at all, but I can say that I did respond to the email, and included a link to that post. My blog hits skyrocketed yesterday after that post went up (up over 200%!), so y’all seemed to enjoy the email as much as I did!
2) Foiled! The plan last night was to hit the pool after work (which I mentioned at the end of this post), but the pool had other ideas. Put on your gumshoe hats – can you tell what’s wrong with this picture?
The pool has no water! And yes, I took the photo through a fence. Apparently the pool closed the other day for “approximately 2 weeks” (according to the signage) for maintenance.
So I went to the gym instead. Well, first I went home, to get gym clothes, and then I went to the gym. It was a good workout, too: 5 minutes warm-up on the treadmill; 30 minutes of weights; and then 20 minutes on a bike, during which I read Wired magazine for the first time in my life, and I really enjoyed it.
Recapping my workout reminds me that it’s been a couple weeks since I’ve done a “My Week In Workouts” post, and there’s no better time than the present, so…
3) My Week in Workouts. I’m gonna start on Wednesday, May 25, because I went running that night, and I’m realizing now I never blogged about it. Oops, my bad.
Wed., 5/25: I ran for 40 minutes non-stop! This felt really good, especially since I’ve had trouble lately motivating myself to run (more on that in Bullet #3 of this post). Here was my route:
I paid attention to my form, and this run seemed easier than past runs, which I’m interpreting as a sign that I’m getting more comfortable with the technique that my cousin Aaron taught me a few months back.
The total distance was 3.7 miles, and with a walking warm-up and cool-down, my total time on the streets was about 57 minutes. Time to update my running chart!
- 9/21/10: Distance: 3.1 miles. Time: 41 minutes. MPH: 4.53
- 9/27/10: Distance: 3.3 miles. Time: 45 minutes. MPH: 4.4
- 10/5/10: Distance: 3.2 miles. Time: 40 minutes. MPH: 4.8
- 10/12/10: Distance: 3.8 miles. Forgot to note time and MPH
- 10/16/10: Distance: 2.9 miles. Forgot to note time and MPH
- 11/1/10: Distance: 3.1 miles. Time: 36 minutes. MPH: 5.16
- 11/6/10: Distance: 5.1 miles. Time: 60 minutes. MPH: 5.1
- 11/14/10: Distance: 3.9 miles. Time: 45 minutes. MPH: 5.2
- 11/28/10: Distance: 4.2 miles. Time: 46 minutes. MPH: 5.47
- 1/4/11: Distance: 3.0 miles. Time: 34 minutes. MPH: 5.3
- 1/24/11: Distance: 4.4 miles. Time: 45 minutes. MPH: 5.86
- 2/1/11: Distance: 1.9 miles. Time: 20 minutes. MPH: 5.7
- 2/9/11: Distance: 3.5 miles. Time: 38 minutes. MPH: 5.52
- 2/16/11: Distance: 2.9 miles. Time: 33 minutes. MPH: 5.28
- 2/27/11: Distance: 5 miles. Time: 60 minutes. MPH: 5.0
- 3/3/11: Distance: 5.4 miles. Time: 57 minutes. MPH: 5.13
- 3/10/11: Distance: 3.0 miles. Time: 34 minutes. MPH: 5.29
- 4/10/11: Distance: 4.5 miles. Time: 47 minutes. MPH: 5.74
- 5/22/11: Distance: 3.5 miles. Time: 40 minutes. MPH: 5.25
- 5/25/11: Distance: 3.7 miles. Time: 40 minutes. MPH: 5.55
Thurs., 5/26: At the gym. 5 minutes warm-up on the treadmill, 30 minutes of weights; 20 minutes on recumbent bike.
Fri., 5/27: At the gym. 5 minutes warm-up on the treadmill, 30 minutes of weights; 20 minutes on elliptical. I vary my weights exercises so I never do the same thing two days in a row.
Sat., 5/28: Richard Simmons’ class at Slimmons. My friends Jim and Alison were in town, so they came along for their first ever Richard Simmons experience, and, naturally, they had a ball. Here’s the three of us after class:
And with Richard:
Richard’s theme for the day was all ’90s music, and he began by playing the Macarena and then Ricky Martin, which is why he chose the cha-cha-themed outfit. Here’s the video from that class:
I’m in the video, sprinkled throughout, but you can definitely see me on the left at around 1:05 in.
Sun., May 29: Planned Rest Day.
Mon., May 30 (Memorial Day): At the gym. 5 minutes warm-up on the treadmill, 30 minutes of weights; 20 minutes on… er, the non-recumbent bike. What’s that one called?
Tues., May 31: At the gym. 30 minutes of weights; 20 minutes on arc trainer.
Wed., June 1: Unplanned Rest Day. Read about it here.
Thurs., June 2: Went to the gym because the pool was closed…. blah blah, you already read this earlier.
Now we’re all caught up!
Great workouts on 6 of the past 8 days? Not too shabby!
Keep it up, David!