Yesterday, I updated my weight loss chart.
Now it’s time to my monthly exercise progress report!
Let’s take a look-see at the ol’ calendar, shall we?
These posts are a monthly tradition for me – I put one together every time a new month starts (check out May, April, and March). I love putting together statistics about workouts, and find that knowing what I did last month is a huge motivator for staying active in the new month.
I note every single workout in my calendar. I have a little system:
- A dot = a workout (with notes that remind me of what the workout was).
- A circle around the dot = a class at Slimmons. I took 2 classes there this month, one with Richard, and one with Anne, another instructor there.
- A triangle around a dot = a different type of class (this month, it was Cardio Barre).
- A little “w” above the dot = something new, so I can quickly see the workouts that had a weightlifting focus. I’m not nuts about the “w” – but haven’t yet thought of something better to replace it with.
- Since I use this calendar for everything, I blurred out information that doesn’t pertain to exercise.
June was a busy month! I announced my next fitness challenge (an open water swim), and bought a much-needed wetsuit at a ridiculously low price. I had my first (and possibly only) ocean training session, and tried out a different local pool for the first time. Oh yeah, and I was featured in newspapers across Canada and started a new job!
In total, I worked out on 26 of the 30 days in June – a 86% success rate! Well done! Fifteen of those workouts had a weightlifting focus – my second-highest number in 2012.
Here’s June compared with the other months of 2012:
- January 2012: Worked out 26 out of 31 days (83%), including 7 classes at Slimmons, and 1 class at Crunch. 12 workouts had a weightlifting focus.
- February 2012: Worked out 23 out of 29 days (79%), including 4 classes at Slimmons, and 1 yoga class. 13 workouts had a weightlifting focus.
- March 2012: Worked out 27 out of 31 days (87%), including 5 classes at Slimmons and 1 spin class. 14 workouts had a weightlifting focus.
- April 2012: Worked out 26 out of 30 days (86%), including 2 classes at Slimmons, and 2 other classes. 17 workouts had a weightlifting focus.
- May 2012: Worked out 27 out of 31 days (87%), including 4 classes at Slimmons. 9 workouts had a weightlifting focus.
- June 2012: Worked out 26 out of 30 days (86%), including 2 classes at Slimmons and 1 Cardio Barre class. 15 workouts had a weightlifting focus.
So far in 2012, I’ve exercised 155 out of 182 days (85%), including 24 classes at Slimmons.
At this point last year, I had worked out 141 out of 181 days (78%), which means I’m on track to reach my big 2012 exercise goal, which is to have worked out more than I did in 2011!
Keep it up, David!
PS – I wish you a happy, healthy, fun-filled Fourth of July! See you back here on Thursday.